What is a keyword?
Keywords are ideas and topics that define what your content is about. Your audience uses them when searching for something related to your brand. When effectively-researched and optimized, keywords act as a conduit to connect your target audience with your website.
What is keyword research?
Keyword research is the process of finding and analyzing search terms that people enter into search engines with the goal of using that data for a specific purpose, often for search engine optimization (SEO) or general marketing.
Why is keyword research important?
Keywords matter to Google and SEO professionals for several reasons, but here are two big ones.
- Keywords give us clues to who people are and what they want, allowing us to better meet their needs.
- Keywords can provide a “bullseye” towards which marketers can aim their content.
How to Research Keywords for Your SEO Strategy
- Step 1: Make a list of important, relevant topics based on what you know about your business.
- Put yourself in the shoes of your buyer personas — what types of topics would your target audience search that you’d want your business to get found for?
- Step 2: See what keywords your competitors rank for.
- Looking at which keywords already send traffic to your competitors is usually the best way to start keyword research.
- Step 3: Research related search terms.
- If you’re struggling to think of more keywords people might be searching about a specific topic, take a look at the related search terms that appear when you plug in a keyword into Google.
- Step 4: Use keyword research tools
Benefits of Keyword Research
- An engaged audience. Figure out what interests your audience, then write your content around that. Google loves useful, relevant and up to date content.
- Increased conversion. Relevant content will not only attract visitors but will also attract qualified traffic.
- Increase your Ranking. An increased ranking means more traffic to your website.
- Beneficial for pay per click. As paid search is based on a bidding model, finding cheaper keywords is an obvious bonus as well as finding new keyword opportunities.
- Prioritize your time properly. Use the keywords that are generating success to your advantage, this will have a huge impact on your ROI.
If you are interested in hiring a Digital Marketing company that has proven track record and experience for years, don’t hesitate to hire Digimark. We will create a well-organized SEO strategy to help your business stay on top of the local search rankings. You can visit https://digimark.ie/ or call 085-705-3575.