E-Commerce and Web Design
The Advantages of e-Commerce
- open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Very low running costs
- Opportunity to reach new markets.
- Limitless possibility for creation of new sales channels.
- Sell a wider range of stock
- Upsells. e-Commerce stores can be setup to offer upsells. You can add items to your store that may be related and in this way encourage more sales
- Much higher level of customer behaviour, likes, desires etc…
With e-commerce you will have great data about your customers behaviour on your e-commerce store. This data will allow you to adapt your store over time to make it more effective.
- Great for stock management and accounts
- E-mail Marketing. If configured correctly your e-commerce store should be collecting email addresses for you of potential customers in the future and also of existing customers.
- Better social media engagement. If you take the time and build a social media strategy, having an ecommerce store should increase the effectiveness of what you can achieve with social media.
- Data. I touched on this in point 7 & 8
Does e-Commerce make sense for your business?
If you are going to do it, do it right. No point in throwing good money for something that doesn’t work.
If your business sells services, there are better ways your company could spend its money! I have yet to come across a services business where e-commerce really