If you are new to digital marketing, it’s only natural to use and maximise all the free SEO tools you can find on the market, right? But, as your business grows, your tasks and needs get more complex as well where a free tool will not suffice.
The internet has progressed to the point where major search engines like Google now consider a different type of data when determining their search results. Correct keywords, links, and content structure are just a few aspects that will help your site rank higher on Google, but if you really want to make progress, you will definitely need a more advanced toolkit.
Using free SEO tools is just not enough anymore.
So to help you step up your SEO game! We at Digimark have compiled this list of paid SEO tools that can help you rank on page one!
We have also compiled a list of best free SEO tools in a different blog, you can read it here.
Whilst we have not used all of these tools, we are familiar with the domain and have researched all of them. We currently use several of these tools in our business, so have first-hand experience on what works for us. Every project is different and may require a different tool, so I hope this helps you decide which is right for you.
We have no personal affiliation to any of these tools or gain in mentioning them.
Let’s get started!
First on the list, and we are using this personally! Ubersuggest.
While the free version provides you with a lot of useful tools, the paid version is in another league. This paid SEO tool takes keyword research to the next level by providing more aid in determining which phrases will help boost organic traffic and rankings to your site.
It is a beginner-friendly SEO tool founded by Neil Patel, where you can simply locate the correct terms or phrases to use on your website with hundreds of keyword ideas.
It’s a fantastic tool for both paid PPC and organic SEO. Their information includes performing keywords and their positions and keyword volume, seasonal trends, CPC, and competition.
Ubersuggest also has a Chrome extension, which is handy for extra keyword research tools at the tip of your finger.
Ubersuggest’s Top Features:
- One of its top features is the Site Audit tool, which helps identify all crucial SEO issues on your site, such as 404, broken internal links, and duplicate content.
- The Keyword Ideas tool can help you develop many low-competition keywords for your website.
- To swiftly find terms from the competitors, you can run rival keyword analysis.
- The Content Ideas tool allows you to discover dozens of great content topic ideas, as well as suggested keywords.
- The Backlink Opportunity tool helps you locate hundreds of websites that link to your competitor’s domain, but not yours.
Prices: $99/month for Lite Plan, $199/month for Standard, $399/month for Advanced, $999/month for Enterprise
Since its launch in 2011, Ahrefs has quickly become one of the most popular SEO tools on the market.
With over 295 billion indexed pages and over 16 trillion backlinks, Ahrefs has the largest backlink index among prominent SEO tools. With an improved keyword explorer, competition monitoring tools, and a large quantity of user documentation, Ahrefs could be the tool you need to improve your rankings and traffic.
Ahrefs includes all the tools you’ll need to investigate and expand your web presence. A unified dashboard displays the rating, traffic, and backlinking of your projects.
Ahrefs Top Features:
- The Content Explorer helps you find top-performing content in your industry.
- The Site Explorer allows you to acquire all the important information about a domain, such as the domain rating, total backlinks, total referring domains, organic keywords, total traffic, and traffic value.
- The Site Audit tool may help you improve your on-page SEO by checking for over 120 technical SEO issues, such as HTTP faults, content quality, outgoing links, image alt tags, and more.
- With data-driven indicators like search volume, keyword difficulty, SERP overview, and CPC, the Keyword Research tool can help you identify millions of keyword ideas.
- You can track your keyword positions by using the Rank Tracker tool. It allows you to check keyword ranking across 170 countries with average position and traffic.
Price: $119.95/ mo for Pro, $229.95/ mo for Guru, or $449.95/ mo for Business
If you are looking for one of the best SEO tools every marketer uses, SEMrush is one of those tools. It does a thorough SEO audit and provides the percentage of search traffic, as well as the number of backlinks that a site has.
SEMrush includes the Domain Vs. Domain tool, which allows you to compare your website to your competitors. You can use this tool to conduct subject research, keyword research, and competitive analysis, among other things.
SEMRush is an On-Page SEO tool that recommends strategies to improve the performance of your website. It gives you information about your website’s search statistics, traffic, and rivals.
SEMrush’s Top Features:
- You can use this tool to perform a thorough technical site audit.
- A domain vs. domain competitive study can be performed.
- The Backlink analysis software allows you to delve deeper into the links leading to any domain.
- You can use the keyword research tool to determine the ideal keywords for your campaign.
- The content analyser assesses the quality of your site’s content and flags any serious flaws.
Price: $29.90/ mo for Basic, $39.90/ mo for Premium, or $79.90/ mo for Agency
When all you need is keyword research, you don’t always need a full pledged SEO tool.
KWFinder is an excellent piece of software that bridges the gap between technical SEO and copywriting. You’ll come across keywords that aren’t too difficult to rank for, yet have the potential to bring in visitors.
Apart from finding the ideal keywords, SEO professionals use this tool to do backlink and SERP analysis (Search Engine Results Page).
You get a lot of new keyword ideas to use on your site to help it rank higher. Furthermore, this application includes a rank tracker that displays your current standing and records your progress based on a single important metric.
KWFinder’s Top Features:
- Long tail keyword insights: Look for long tail keywords that will provide you with more options to obtain traffic.
- Competitor keyword insights: Discover how your competitor’s keyword strategy compares to yours, as well as new keyword prospects.
- SERP analysis tool: Analyze competition in the SERP to see what components readers seek on your website.
- Local keyword research tool: Discover what local searchers are looking for and target local markets for more niche traffic.
Price: $49/mo for Basic, $99/ mo for Pro, or $199/ mo for Business
Surfer SEO is a cloud-based on-page optimisation tool that analyses and compares your own pages to what is currently ranking in the SERPs.
Rather than guessing what Google loves to rank, this tool provides a data-driven analysis of exactly what’s lacking from your website.
Surfer SEO Top Features:
- Content Planner: Where you can enter certain keywords, and Surfer SEO will then recommend keywords that compliment your main keyword, and will also provide monthly search volume and keyword difficulty.
- Surfer’s SERP Analyzer tool examines the top 48 Google search results for a specific keyword and finds commonalities between them
- Content Editor: Surfer SEO’s most popular tool, which we use at Digimark. The Content Editor is designed to help create new content that will rank in Google. It is unquestionably superior to writing in a basic Word document or the WordPress back-end. Surfer SEO generates a content score for your specific term and provides advice on how to improve your writing, such as:
- The ideal word count is.
- How many headings and paragraphs should you include?
- A collection of LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) keywords and the frequency with which they should be used
- Keyword Research: Surfer SEO has a built-in keyword research tool.
- Article & Page Audit: Surfer SEO’s audit tool will pique your attention if you’re curious about how optimised an existing piece of content is for a given keyword.
Enter a keyword and URL into this tool to evaluate how effectively an article or page is optimised for that term. Surfer SEO then conducts a similar study to their SERP Analyzer report and breaks down the results.
Price: $79.99 per month for Pro, $199.99 per month for Pro, and custom prices for Enterprise Plan
As one of the best SEO tools on the market, Woorank provides both free and paid tools for tracking and reporting marketing data. You can enter your competitors’ names to see the keywords they are targeting, so that yours can overlap with theirs.
WooRank also studies some more hidden information – excellent for constructing a holistic picture of any site’s current SEO success.
Find out how many comments, shares, and likes a specific web page has received by using social shareability analytics.
Woorank SEO Top Features:
- Marketing Checklist: Review common marketing chores that you can accomplish as part of the execution of your SEO plan.
- SEO: Examine your SEO analytics in relation to your objectives.
- Mobile: Based on the mobile data, determine which mobile optimisation methods to implement.
- Social: Gain insight into how social media influences your traffic and SEO objectives.
Price: Free 30-day trial, $24/ mo for Starter, $124/ mo for Group, $299/ mo for Professional, $999+ for Custom
When it comes to actually planning and implementing an effective backlink strategy, the process can be daunting. With so many sites and blogs to approach, it can feel as if nothing you do would be enough to guarantee success.
Buzzstream alleviates this tension by delivering personalised emails to your targeted link development prospects. The program also searches potential prospects’ websites for contact information, saving you time and effort.
If you don’t know where to start with your link building effort, Buzzstream will find relevant sites that meet your criteria.
Buzzstream Top Features:
- Identify candidates for outreach: Find them based on their industry and how engaged they are across various social networks.
- Identify candidates for backlinks: These are individuals who will likely be receptive to your backlink request for other reasons unique to your business’s niche.
Price: $99/ mo for Standard Plan, $179/ mo for Medium, $299/ mo for Large, $599/ mo for Premium Plan
Moz Pro is an SEO tool platform designed to help you enhance traffic, ranks, and exposure in search engine results.
The ability to audit your own site using the Moz Pro spider, which should flag potential flaws and provide actionable insights, is a key tool. You may also track your site rankings over hundreds or even thousands of keywords per domain.
There is also a keyword research tool to help decide which keywords and keyword combinations may be the best for targeting, as well as a backlink analysis tool that combines various indicators, such as anchor text in links and predicted domain authority.
Some SEO specialists have applauded Moz for staying up to date in the face of continual Google algorithm adjustments. Moz Pro is a tool you should consider if you need keyword recommendations or a site crawl.
This tool will provide you with good insights into how your website performs and how to enhance it.
Moz Pro Top Features:
- Web Crawler: Analyzes up to 3,000 links on a given URL.
- Email report: Provides information on the crawl statistics for the pages to which your site links.
- Insight into numerous “crawlability” concerns, such as duplicate content and redirects, which may affect your SEO performance.
Price: 14-day trial for any plan, Free for Little Hero, $9/ mo for Big Hero, $49/ mo for Giant Hero, and $149/ mo for Ultimate Hero
Keyword Hero is ideal for individuals who are still figuring out their SEO approach, as well as those who want to develop it even more.
You can get as specific as you need to improve your search rankings and drive content strategy in future endeavours.
Keyword Hero allows SEO firms and in-house marketers to replace “not provided” in Google Analytics with genuine keywords and performance data. Access complete performance information for each term, including conversions, CVR, revenue, bounce rate, and average position. session duration, pages per session, and more!
Keyword Hero Top Features:
- Determine the organic traffic and conversions: Determine the success you receive from your targeted keywords.
- Distinguish between brand and non-brand search traffic.
- Optimise your SERP position: Optimize your website for certain target keywords.
- View query details: Determine whether your visitors found your website using informational or transactional queries.
Price: $39/ mo for Basic, $49/ mo for Pro, $79/ mo for Professional
SpyFu helps with keyword research, PPC competitive research, SEO competitive research, and the construction of custom lists and domains.
The application helps you drive traffic to your Google Ads campaigns and website, monitors both sponsored and organic ranks on Google, Bing, and Yahoo, and obtains trustworthy and accurate lead contact information.
With Spyfu, you can search any domain and find out the keywords the site purchased from Adwords in the previous 14 years. You can also connect with these domains through various channels, such as social media, email, etc.
It has five primary features: keyword research, SEO research, domain overviews, PPC research, and a SERP checker. The Spyfu Kombat, which is simple to use and understand, is a wonderful aspect of this application. It’s useful, especially when doing keyword research.
If you work in digital marketing and want to see what keywords your competitors are ranking for, this is the tool to use to create keyword ideas from them.
SpyFu Top Features:
- Download a competitor’s PPC keywords and use this information to create more competitive PPC strategies that can compete in the ad space.
- Download a competitor’s SEO keywords: Use this information to create more competitive organic keyword strategies that can compete in SERPs.
- Examine ranking trends: the evolution of a page’s or website’s rating for a given term.
- Discover keyword ideas: Keyword advice for your Google Ads to improve conversion rates.
Price: Offer Free Plan, $99/yr Premium Plugin, and $229/yr for plugin subscription
While Yoast SEO is one of the best free SEO tools on the market, the same goes with the paid version of Yoast SEO.
If you’re a blogger like everyone else, your website is likely hosted on WordPress. WordPress also allows you to install various useful plugins, like Yoast SEO, one of the most popular content management systems available.
It also improves the visibility of your website in search results. Yoast SEO makes your text easier to read, and the plugin includes a wealth of training information to help you hone your SEO skills.
You can rely on Yoast SEO’s readability analysis feature to inform you how readable your content is. If any recommended improvements are found, the tool will indicate them with orange or red dots and notify you of the problem.
Yoast SEO Top Features:
- You can easily add SEO title tags and descriptions to the posts and pages. You can also add Open Graph metadata and social media images to your posts.
- Built-in content analysis, duplicate content management, meta keywords and description, XML sitemaps, social features, rich snippets, etc.
Screaming Frog SEO Spider
Experts consider Screaming Frog one of the top SEO tools available online. They like how much time they save by using this application to complete site audits quickly. In fact, everyone we have worked with felt that Screaming Frog provides insights faster than most SEO tools on the market.
This tool also alerts you to duplicate material, problems that need to be fixed, improper redirections, and places for link building development. Top SEO specialists rated their SEO Spider tool the finest feature.
It is a desktop program that works as a log analyser and website crawler, and can be installed on any PC.
Screaming Frog Top Features:
- Java Program: It includes an intuitive Java program with easy-to-navigate tabs.
- Easy export to Excel: Further analyse your SEO data.
Price: $50/ mo for Lite plan, $119/ mo for Standard, $239/ mo for Advanced, and $339/ mo for Enterprise
Serpstat is a growth-hacking software that focuses on SEO, PPC, and content marketing objectives. Serpstat is an excellent solution if you’re seeking a low-cost all-in-one tool for solving SEO duties, analysing competitors, and managing your staff.
Many professionals are now using the program, because it has gathered keyword and competitor analysis data for all Google areas around the world. Furthermore, Serpstat is well-known for its fantastic properties. The most popular is the Missing Terms tool, which identifies the keywords for which your competitors appear in the top-10 search results, but you do not.
Overall, Serpstat is an SEO tool that comes with many essential features. Which are:
- Determine keyword value.
- Discover international data.
- Collect keywords for campaigns.
- Analyse keyword trends.
Price: $39.99/ mo for Lite plan, $79.99/ mo for Standard, and $319.99/ mo for API
Since its introduction in 2011, Majestic SEO Tools has earned steady accolades from SEO veterans. As a result, it is one of the oldest SEO tools available today.
A powerful link intelligence map powers Majestic, which is ideal for understanding your website’s position on the Internet. Majestic includes a site explorer, backlink history checker, and search explorer to help you understand where your page fits into the big picture. It can pass on the big picture of your website, especially in link building, so you can make the necessary adjustments.
It performs bulk backlink audits, and Majestic even provides a “topical trust flow” to show your proximity to industry authorities.
Majestic Top Features:
- The Majestic Million- This feature lets you see the ranking of the top one million websites.
- The Site Explorer – It gives you a general overview of your site and the number of backlinks there on your site.
- SEO keyword tool-To help you find the best keywords to use in order to rank higher.
- Site comparisons
- Tracking your rank.
Price: $129.99/ mo for Starter Plan, $199/ mo for Premium, and $499/ mo for Elite Plan
It is an SEO software that provides various features for you to employ. CognitiveSEO can give you thorough analysis and insights through these tool sets that you can use to improve your SEO campaign.
You can do keyword research, audit your site for SEO no-nos, examine backlinks, and look at mobile rank tracking.
There are plenty of other alternatives. You can improve your social presence while also avoiding Google Penalties – or, if necessary, cognitiveSEO may assist you in recovering from them.
Choose the right SEO tools for your goal
This list only contains 15 of the paid tools we use here at Digimark. There are still many out there that might suit your needs more.
All of the paid SEO tools mentioned above are useful to boost your website’s SEO ranking. You just need to choose one for the goal you want to achieve.
Take time to try out several tools before making a decision to ensure that your chosen SEO tool will not only make your marketing easier, but will also lead you to growth.
You might also like: